For children, oral health and tooth care is vital. Even if your child has just learned the basics of tooth-brushing and flossing, it’s never too early to start educating them on taking care of their teeth.
Patriot Family Dental is proud to provide expert dental care for infants and children (as well as teens and adults!). From exams to dental procedures, we can help your little ones grow up with healthy, beautiful teeth. Check out some of our recent blogs on establishing healthy oral care habits for your little ones.
If you’re concerned about your kids’ tooth care habits, it’s important to find information you can trust.
Here’s what you should know about dental care for children from infanthood to the age of 4.
Tips for Dental Care for Infants, Toddlers and Children to Age 4
- Drink unfiltered water out of tap, or bottled H2O with fluoride
- Make formula with H2O with fluoride
- Drink only water with fluoride, milk, or diluted fruit juice
- No Cola Drinks EVER!!!
- Use washcloth wrapped around finger to brush teeth when first teeth appear
- Start brushing with manual or child’s electric toothbrush when most baby teeth are erupted. Brush at least two times a day.
- Use pea-size amount of reduced fluoride toothpaste, such as Stages®
- Between meals snacks should be fruit or vegetables, never cereal
- Serve sweets as dessert then brush teeth
- Schedule first dental visit at age 2-with parents or older sibling
Have more questions about children’s oral health? Contact Patriot Family Dental today!