At Patriot Family Dental, we enjoy seeing patients of all ages and strive to make your child’s first visit special.
Our goal is to help children develop dental habits that will ensure they maintain excellent dental health over their lifetime.
It is our experience that children introduced as early as three years old to regular dental checkups are more likely to maintain good dental health practices into their teenage and adult years. We’ve also noticed that children introduced at a young age have fewer phobias.
From a health standpoint, early diagnosis of potential tooth problems may prevent the issue from ever developing. Over time, a child’s consistent record of dental health and development will enable us to make proactive and informed decisions.
As a child develops to their adolescent years, changes to oral health can cause anxiety and apprehension. Regular visits to their pediatric dentist can go a long way to helping a child deal with these issues.
Tips for a child’s First Visit:
- Take your child for an online ‘office tour’
- Let your child know your positive dental experiences
- Find materials (books, Internet, etc.) to introduce your child to the dentist
During your first visit the pediatric dentist will:
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking
- Check to see if the child needs Fluoride
- Examine your child’s teeth, gums and mouth
- Teach your child how to clean their teeth and gums
- Discuss a schedule for regular dental checkups